The Kristin Miles Memorial Student Scholarship honors Kristin’s commitment to ensuring that law students had every opportunity to participate in Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys (WSSHA) programs. She was ever vigilant in reminding the Board of our obligation to advance the education of future members by making our programs accessible to the law student community. While we cannot replace Kristin’s passion, dedication, and always present good humor, we honor her by providing this support to law students each year so that they can attend the annual fall health law conference.
What: 2020 WSSHA Fall Health Law Conference
Where: Pan Pacific Hotel, Vancouver, BC, Canada
When: Friday, Nov 6 and Saturday, Nov. 7
The scholarship provides:
- Waiver of all registration fees to attend the health law conference, which includes health law sessions and CLE credit for licensed attorneys, Friday networking reception, Saturday breakfast and sponsored lunch;
- $500 stipend to cover lodging, transportation costs, and ancillary expenses for attending the conference.*
Any first-, second- or third-year J.D. student, as well as any health law LL.M. student, enrolled in a law school located in the State of Washington, including previous applicants not selected who are encouraged to re-apply. Up to three qualifying winners will be selected, at the discretion of the WSSHA Board.
Provide a résumé and a brief written statement (1 page or less) about why you are applying for the scholarship and interested in health law. Topics for the brief statement may include:
- What you hope to gain from your conference attendance
- How you became interested in health law
- Past dedication to seeking experience in health law, including course work, internships, or employment
- What type of health law you are interested in pursuing
- Plans or goals for future employment in health law
- How this scholarship will fulfill a financial need, if any
Monday, October 12, 2020
Please see WSSHA.org/events for up-to-date conference information.
*Please note that the stipend will be remitted to awardee upon confirmation of attendance at conference; student is responsible for registering and checking in at the conference desk. Additionally, the conference room rate at the Pan Pacific Hotel is available only until October 5th or until the reserved rooms have been booked. The winner of the Kristin Miles Memorial Student Scholarship will not be selected until after that date, so students wanting to stay at the Pan Pacific during the seminar are encouraged to reserve rooms before October 1st. Room reservations may be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival. Students are also welcome to make other arrangements for their stay.